Sunday, January 15, 2012

DAY TWELVE 1-12-12 [more]

This evening our friends Bill and Laura invited us to a lovely dinner of baked spaghetti, hot bread and salad on their boat. Home cooked food at last and afraid I made a pig of myself by having two helpings of everything. Laura knowing our diet for the past 11 days insisted on satisfying us and she did. She and Bill are super folks.

As I was leaving their boat, I missed stepping onto the dock and with left foot between the boat and dock, I lunged forward and landed on my shoulder. It was not pretty and very painful.

They next morning at the insistence of everyone, I visited the ER at Fishermen's Hospital. After 6 hours and X-rays, they determined I had no fractures but had damaged my rotator cuff and muscles/tissue in the right shoulder. They put the arm in a sling and gave me pain medications. I slept well last night, Friday the 13th!

So...smooth water ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment