Monday, January 16, 2012

Marathon 1-16-12

This morning, Jim left for Ft Lauderdale where he will catch a flight tomorrow morning for Greenville. Jim was not only a tremendous help navigating on this cruise and nursing me back to health, but is such a good friend. His absence will be missed.

Today is laundry and fixit day. My fixit list is so long, it will take several weeks to make a dent in it. But then, that will be the fun of being here with other boaters doing the same thing. When you own a boat, fixin' is part of the experience.

Neil will be bringing my car down this weekend so it will be very nice to have transportation of my own. Typically I walk everywhere but do have friends who are generous with their cars.

One special couple is Bill and Laura, who live on their boat in Charleston, SC. They have been so incredibly helpful from planning the trip, answering questions along the way and day to day helpful hints here at the marina. They are just 4 slips from my dockage. Note their great smiles in the attached picture.


1 comment: